Search Feature

Monday, January 2, 2012

Hoppin' John, Greens, Jalapeno Cornbread~n~Fried Back Bacon

Almost the same menu I made last January 1st!
These are some of my favorites whether they bring me luck and good fortune or not. :)

I made a skillet of jalapeno cornbread .....



and some hoppin' john .....





Fried some of my cold smoked bacon .....







Cooked the collard greens in the drippings with a little butter added....







The jalapeno cornbread, greens, hoppin' john and fried back bacon...







I have a feeling that 2012 will be a good year. :)

15 comments:

marc said...

I hope 2012 brings all the love and prosperity you richly deserve.

BTW ... what exactly is hopping john?

Big Dude said...

Looks like a great meal to begin the year with.

Mrs. JP said...

Yumm, I could eat that for breakfast. I haven't had collards in a while.
Happy and Blessed New Year.

wannabe chef said...

I just had to tell you that I just put in a nomination for you at the the bloggies web awardsunder best food blog I hope that all your regular visitors will go and put in a nomination too http://2011.bloggi.es/ lets get cowgirl some heavy recognition.

wannabe chef said...

sorry here is the correct link for this year
http://2012.bloggi.es/

LindaG said...

Happy New Year to you all! :-)

lisa said...

I have to agree with you about the new year! Looks like a good meal you are having!

becky in the country said...

It's so hard for me to come visit your blog because it makes me so darned hungry! I am a gluten for punishment tho! Keep up the good work!

cowgirl said...

Thanks Marc! Hope you have the same. :)
Hoppin' john is a rice/black eyed pea (or field pea) dish with some sort of pork...smoked ham hocks, bacon or ham. I love the stuff. :)

cowgirl said...

Thanks Larry! Hope you have a great 2012. :)

cowgirl said...

Wow Wannabe Chef! That was very nice of you...Thanks!!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Linda, hope you and family have a great 2012 too! :)

cowgirl said...

Lisa thank you!! Hope 2012 is good to ya. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Becky I appreciate you stopping by! :)
Hope you have a wonderful new year. Thanks!

cowgirl said...

Mrs JP Thanks!! Hope you have a great 2012 too!! :)