Search Feature

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Something for Women Hunters

It's that time of the year... deer season. This is a repost from last year. Thought it might come in handy for those in cold weather areas. :) 




First off, this isn't a picture of me... but it is a picture of the type of coveralls I wear when deer hunting in cold weather.
The picture is from the Carhartt site.

Opening day of deer rifle season is tomorrow and I wanted to pass this along to other women hunters, it might come in handy for you. Men, this post is for the women! :)

If you're like me and hunt in the middle of nowhere, there is a good chance you are not able to find a nice warm ladies room when nature calls. lol
I find it even worse when you have to take off your hunting vest, take off your jacket, and anything else your are wearing.......freezing BOTH your top and bottom during the "call of nature" process.

I've found a way to keep things a little bit warmer. :)
I have removed the stitching in the inside inseam of each leg of my coveralls and inserted long, leg length zippers. One on the inside of each leg.
I am able to unzip both legs and the coveralls almost form a nice floor length skirt or dress...thus keeping lower "moon" shots to a minimum. AND I do not have to remove a stitch of clothing from my top half. :)





Just thought it might come in handy for some of you.
Good luck with your hunting! :)

No comments: