Search Feature

Monday, June 24, 2013

Pulled Beef Stuffed Anaheims on the Drum

I'm not exacty back to cooking and I'm behind on posting some things I cooked not long ago.  Maybe with this down time I can catch up. 




I know I make these a lot but I like em. :)  You can stuff them with leftover pulled pork or chicken too....just what ever you have on hand.

Blistered, steamed, peeled and seeded the anaheims...



Stuffed with pulled beef and asadero cheese...



wrapped in bacon and sprinkled with Big Poppa Smokers Happy Endings... (love the stuff)



into the BPS drum at 325F...



I smoke them until heated through and the bacon looks crisp...



Served with a spicy sauce of tomato sauce, minced onion, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, cayenne and chicken stock...





These were mighty tasty!  The peppers were a bit hotter than usual (I didn't notice until I ate one for breakfast the next morning lol)   
Will make em again for sure. :)



6 comments:

Alf Rasmussen@msn.com said...

wow that was something :) looks just delitious :) did you make the tomato sauce your self?

cowgirl said...

Thank you Alf, it's nice to see you! :)
Yes I make the sauce, it is the same sauce I use with chile rellenos.

I sauté some onion and garlic in a little bit of oil then
Add 2 cups of chicken broth
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp oregano
cayenne is optional

Simmer for 10 minutes

It can be thickened with cornstarch or used as a thin sauce.


Hope all is well with you! Thanks for stopping by. :)

Chris said...

I like that sauce, reminds me of an enchilada sauce.

cowgirl said...

It's kinda close Chris..I'll have to try it sometime. Thanks!

Frugal Canadian Hermit said...

Your stuffed Anaheims are giving me a craving of some sort Jeanie. You know, July 4 is creeping up Jeanie, is everyone safe from snowball attacks this time around, or are you mobile enough for combat?

cowgirl said...

lol Thanks Mark, I have the snowballs ready.
Lucky you live so far away! :)