Search Feature

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Long weekend

I left home for a few days. It was nice to get away but it's good to be back home!



Everything is green around here and I found a turtle heading for high ground (another sure sign of rain). :)


Also found a new wild flower that I'm not familiar with.



Looks like there was some traffic down my road while I was gone. :)
I want to post a few pics from my trip as soon as I get the time. The tomatoes are ripe so I'm elbow deep in canning right now.

Hope everyone had a great weekend!





4 comments:

kej said...

I am going to take a google guess and say it is a type of field bindweed.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Field+Bindweed&client=firefox-a&hs=F1D&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&channel=rcs&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=xsYTUvXxLJL3yAHw_YAY&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1456&bih=681

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Did the turtle end up a soup? ;)

cowgirl said...

Keith thank you! It very well could be bind weed. The white variety grows around here. I know farmers aren't fond of the stuff but it sure smells good! :)
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

lol Bill! :) Didn't think to cook the thing! Hope you're having a great weekend. :)