Search Feature

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffed Chops ~n~ Peach Cobbler on the Drum





I know I make these chops fairly often. They're easy to make and come out so moist and tender. I give the chops a quick cure with Tenderquick.
1 Tablespoon of cure will treat 1 pound of meat.  I cut a pocket in the chop, sprinkle the whole thing with cure, then let it chill for 2 hours.




Bake a skillet of jalapeno cornbread. I use a simple cornbread recipe then add minced onions, minced jalapenos and whole kernels of corn.



For the stuffing I combine about 3 cups of cubed cornbread, some melted butter and chicken stock to make the stuffing fairly moist.



Rinse the cure from the chops before stuffing. Sprinkle the stuffed chops with black pepper. No salt needed.



Into the BPS Drum at 275F....



While the chops cooked I made a skillet of peach cobbler...



I used 8 cups of sliced fresh peaches..
combined with
1/2 tsp of cinnamon
2 TBs cornstarch
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
and 1 cup of sugar
 


Placed the skillet of peaches in the drum to catch some smoke and to heat through...






When the peaches were hot and bubbly I added the topping...

I combined 2 cups of flour with
2 TBs sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp of salt
and 6 TBs of shortening
Mixed well then added
1 cup of milk





I smoke the chops until the internal temperature of the stuffing reaches 165F. I let the cobbler bake until the top is light brown and the dough feels firm when I poke it with my finger.

The jalapeno cornbread stuffed chop and some fried green tomatoes..







....and the hot peach cobbler..



with ice cream and a sprinkle of nutmeg.



I tried to get a "spoon" shot with the camera but didn't have the will power, I ate it.  lol



I really love my BPS drum, puts out some pretty good eats. :)

2 comments:

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Peach cobbler is a huge weakness of mine Jeanie. Thanks for the new recipe to try.

cowgirl said...

Bill I hope it works out well for you! Thanks for stopping by. :)