Search Feature

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Snow and a Corncake Pulled Pork Hash Breakfast


 




My end of the state got a good dusting of snow yesterday. It was pretty chilly outside so I spent most of the day in the house.



Decided I was hungry for corncakes, which I usually make while camping. (think I have camping on my mind)
Whipped up a batch...
1 cup flour
1/4 cup cornmeal
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
blend then add
1 egg
1 cup milk
1 cup corn
green onions
I also like to add a small dash of cayenne







fried til golden...




Found my stash of smoked pulled pork in the freezer and made a skillet of hash... I just fry cubed tatoes, onions, minced garlic and pulled pork together then season with salt and pepper..



Started building breakfast...used my favorite paper plates. :)

the corncake..



topped with pulled pork hash...



added an egg....



sprinkled with a bit of pepper and minced green onion, then called it good.











Now that I think about it...this was my only meal Saturday, but it was filling!  :)

Come on spring!! I am ready for warm weather and the smell of campfire smoke.

10 comments:

Mrs. JP said...

Yummm,,,that looks like a fancy redneck taco, breakfast style!

Bushman said...

Lookslike a great dish for a cold day!

Three Dogs BBQ said...

Yours looks better than mine Jeanie. Can't beat a corn cake. Funny thing is I made corn cakes, pulled pork, and mustard slaw stacks last week. Maybe we are on the same wavelength lately...

Chris said...

Hit that with a splash of hot sauce or better yet, green chile sauce and I'm a happy man! Nice cook, Jeannie!

Cindy said...

Mmmmmmm, I love corncakes!! We always had them with breakfast pork chops. BBE!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Mrs JP! It was kinda tasty. :)

cowgirl said...

Bushman thanks! Hope you made it through winter. :)

cowgirl said...

lol Bill Maybe we are related. We seem to be cooking the same things. Whatcha gonna make for supper? :) Thanks Bill..

cowgirl said...

Chris chili sauce would have been great! Will do next time.
Been meaning to tell ya...Welcome to the CB site! :)
Thanks Chris...

cowgirl said...

Cindy that sounds great! I seem to forget about porkchops for breakfast but I love them. Thanks for stopping by! :)