Search Feature

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Crab Stuffed Salmon on the Grill





I'm still making this stuffed salmon every so often. It's one of my favorites!

I trim the skin-on salmon filet, remove the belly and thin tail. Just makes the rest of the salmon about the same thickness for even cooking.





I mix up the stuffing... crab meat, scallions, garlic powder, salt, a squeeze of lemon juice and lemon pepper to taste. Also added minced fresh parsley..



sliced a few lemons...



cut slits in the salmon without going through the skin...then put lemon slices and the crab stuffing into the cuts.
I drizzled the fish with oil and sprinkled with more lemon pepper and salt...



Onto the Hasty Bake grill.  I usually set the fish right onto the grate but used a grill pan this time...
dang it worked great! I should have used one of these before for this dish. It made moving the salmon on and off the grill SO much easier than how I used to do it. lol



I add the trimmings too. They cook fast and are great for snacking on while the salmon finishes cooking.



I watch for the juices to start rising on the fish...



when the salmon was almost ready, I added asparagus to the grill. Olive oil, kosher salt and cracked black pepper on the asparagus..





The salmon was ready in about 20 minutes. It really cooks fast!







I love this stuff!







I've made this with shrimp stuffing but the crab is my favorite. The addition of light smoke from the grill really adds a lot to salmon (in my opinion).  I need to make this more often!

Hope everyone is keeping warm. I hear there is bad weather in the east and north. It's been SO warm here... I've been out soaking up the sun the last few days. I need to take advantage of the warm weather while it's here.

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

Feather Chucker said...

Where do you get most of your recipes from? Do you make them up?

cowgirl said...

Sorry for the late reply Kevin! Time is flying by here.
I make things up to suit my taste. One of the reasons I have trouble posting ingredient amounts... I guesstimate and add a pinch of this or that when cooking.
When I do post someone's recipe I add their name and give them credit.
Hope you have a great week, thanks for stopping by!