Search Feature

Tuesday, April 10, 2018

A Crawdad Po'Boy Pizza



I had some nice crawdad tails from Louisiana and thought about making the usual fried tails or Crawdad Po'Boys. Got to thinking about the ingredients and figured this concoction would be pretty near the same.

Soaked the tails in milk, rolled in seasoned flour that I added some Seminole Swamp seasoning that was gifted from talented cooking friend Bluetang in Florida. (Thanks again!)







I double dipped the tails and fried til golden...






I made some remoulade sauce. Started with mayo, spicy brown mustard, pickle juice, Seminole Seasoning, garlic, paprika, cayenne, can't remember what else. lol 





I smooshed my pizza dough to fit the peel, then slathered with remoulade...


Started my build with scallions, onions and a bit of cheese..


Next came the crawdad tails, some fried and some regular. Onions and crisp bacon...


Into the Blackstone oven...







I kicked the heat up to hurry the job. I was hungry!





The oven is quick. It doesn't take long to bake a pizza!


added a layer of shredded lettuce...


topped with tomatoes, more onions and some crisp bacon...




Drizzled with more remoulade and called er good.





Drizzled with a bit more remoulade and served with a cold beer...


I really liked this! It was pretty tasty. I'll be making it again for sure..

Actually received 1/2 inch of snow the other day. It was nice! Not quite enough for snowballs or snow ice cream but any moisture on the ground is welcome.

Hope everyone has a great week.
Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Buddy said...

Hey good to see ya again this is your aircraft friend from Pensacola catcha later

Oneeye said...

WOW! That's all I got to say.

cowgirl said...

Good to see you Buddy! Hope all is going well with you! If you see those Blue Angels, tell em Hi for me. lol
Thanks for stopping by!

cowgirl said...

Thank you Oneeye! Good to see you!
The pizza tasted pretty much like a Po'Boy. I was happy with the way it turned out.
Hope you give it a try sometime! :)